Today’s topic at The Daily Prompt is
It’s My Party
You’re throwing a party — for you! Tell us all about the food, drink, events, and party favours you’ll have for your event of a lifetime. Use any theme you like — it’s *your* party!
It’s interesting to chance upon this. Because even though I plan and delivery tons and tons of parties – from the simplest to most elaborate ones, never have I once thought of a party I’d organise for myself. So, let me try to come up with a quick list (I’m really sleepy right now).
- Guest list: 10-25 close friends
- Attire: Casual – shorts and tops (with swimwear underneath)
- House by the beach or a swimming pool (or somewhere al fresco)
- A wide spacious couch for everyone to sit on
- Acoustic lounge music playing in the background
- (Polaroid) photo booth with props
- Summer feel with bold colours (yellow, green, red) or a spring feel with flower and grass theme
- Christmas lights hung to set mood for the evening
- Chitchat and catch up with everyone
- Cooking and baking session (pre-party)
- Board (and card) games
- Guitar playing and sing-along
- Swimming and lazing around
- Truffle french fries
- Rotisserie chicken
- Steak cooked medium rare
- Roasted potato (seasoned)
- Roasted vegetables
- Garden salad
- Garlic bread
- Lasagna or spaghetti bolognese
- Fresh fruits – cut apples, oranges, watermelon and grapes
- Fresh fruit juices – mango, apple, orange, coconut
- Lemon and strawberry lemonade
- Sangria, Margarita, and Mojito (more ideas here)
- Free flow of water
- No smoking.
- Handphones have to be surrendered.
- It’s compulsory to take as many photos as possible.
- No calorie counts/exists.
Okay. That’s all for now. Let me sleep on it for more details.
In the meantime, catch how everyone else’s party would be a blast on this page! Tata! ❤